The MRMW APAC Conference: Tweet’s Eye View
A collection of questions/comments from yours truly– a Tweet-summary report of the MRMW conference!!!
This is a world of “Punch Dialogues” – short statements that, well, make quite a statement. Quite strongly so!
- Mobile is ready for Prime time – Dave King, Confirmit
- “MOBILE” is so much more than a Data collection channel. Are you leveraging it fully?
- Are you “Accidentally” mobile or is it “Purposeful”? What’s your corporate strategy? Asked Dave King from Confirmit.
- ”Data Scientist” seems to be the new buzzword for 2013
- Researchers to bring new skills-asap: Understanding ethics, big data and the bigger picture: @GuyRolfe
And then there are “support” statements. Important to energize all of us in the Research/Analytics/Insights/BigData world!
- 40% of the mobiles went missing in Africa! Confirmit changed tack and offered mobiles as incentives to field staff on reaching quota!
- 90% of respondents won’t come back if they have a bad mobile user experience. So, get it RIGHT or FAIL…
- 63% of companies don’t have a smartphone policy
- ZERO routing of mobile surveys – you get them hooked, keep them engaged. Build your survey pipeline!
- Lather, rinse, repeat.Getting into the shower and other private places with mobile Qual. #Civicom
- Recall…? Memory is subject to Flaw! ~Bob Dance, FreshMinds. The art of Not relying on recall. Popup Communities aka MROC
- Principles should be such that there is no need to update them due to changes in technology: Dan Foreman, Lumi Mobile, ESOMAR President
- and the word ‘TRUST’ debuts on Day2 of #mrmw conf. Derek Ho/MasterCard, talk about gaining and retaining it
- 48% increase in video viewing on mobile Internet in India, in the last 12 months. Jasmeet Sethi from Ericsson
- Looks a practical solution from #marketxcel that circumvents the ills plaguing ‘Fieldwork’ in developing nations. #mrmw
- Ray Poynter opening the #MRMW Conference. Energizing the delegates, as usual. Looking forward to learning § networking.
Onwards and Upwards – The Mobile wave is upon us. Time to get on that surfboard and stay ahead of the wave!!!